Pittsburgh, PA Real Estate Information
Are you considering a move to Pittsburgh, PA? There are many great reasons to move to this city. Check out these six reasons to move to Pittsburgh!
1. Pittsburgh, PA is growing quickly and is a great place to find a job
2. Pittsburgh is an affordable place to live
Forbes recently named Pittsburgh one of the most affordable cities in America. If you’d like to work in Pittsburgh and live comfortably, the number of top-paying jobs with starting salaries above the national average are plentiful.
3. The public transportation system in Pittsburgh is convenient and efficient
The public transportation system in Pittsburgh is very convenient and efficient. It’s called the “T,” and it’s a rail system that runs underground. The “T” is extremely easy to use, with many of the stations accessible by elevator, and it’s straightforward to get around.
4. There are several top-tier colleges and universities in Pittsburgh
The city of Pittsburgh is home to many universities and colleges including the University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, Duquesne University, Carlow University, Chatham University, Point Park University, Robert Morris University, and La Roche College ().
5. There are many museums to enjoy in Pittsburgh
6. Pittsburgh is home to several Professional Sports teams
Today, the city is home to three major professional sports franchises: the Pittsburgh Pirates of Major League Baseball, the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League, and the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Pittsburgh Steelers are part of the North Division of the American Football Conference in the National Football League (NFL). Founded in 1933, the Steelers are the oldest franchise in the AFC. All three franchises have had recent success.
Median Value Of Owner-occupied housing units: $125,000
Median Selected Monthly Owner Costs (With A Mortgage): $1,178
Median Gross Rent: $958
Median Household Income: $48,711
Top 5 Employment Industries:
- Professional, scientific and technical services